Monday, July 23, 2012

A Little Catch Up

It has been an absolutely crazy week on our end! For starters, we had my college grad party this past Friday night. I will be graduating from my local community college in December with an Associate's in Liberal Studies degree. My best friend and I planned a party for me this summer, because we wanted to do it in a warm month, and hubs and I are beginning the trying to conceive journey again, so I will be pregnant by the time I graduate in December, so a party then is definitely out of the question. 


So, all of last week was spent shopping for last minute supplies and decorations, all while trying to keep up with school work and the kids and housework and everything else that goes along with life in general. Thursday was spent decorating so there would be less to do for the party Friday. It turned out so good, I think!











In case you couldn't tell, our theme was hot pink and black zebra print. :-) The day before the party, I got my nails done for the first time in my life! Of course, they matched the theme....


I LOOOOOVE them!!!! They were even more amazing then I expected them to be! 

We invited quite a bit of people, but most couldn't make it due to work or other prior commitments, and some simply didn't want to go, I suppose. So it was Frank, myself, our best friends Jenn and Terry and Terry's brother Jimmy. It was amazing, even still! Frank's best friend, Patrick, is a DJ and gave us a major deal for doing my party, plus it was a great excuse for Frank and Patrick to hang out and catch up. They have been friends since they were like 13 years old, so they are tight! 

We danced. We drank. Perhaps a little too much. We visited. Shared stories of the past. And just enjoyed each other's company and made a ton of new, special memories. It was truly a night I will never forget, and I wish we could go back and re live it over and over again. Here are some photos from that night....some are a little wild! ;-)

Patrick dancing to Michael Jackson!



Group shot!



Yes. I danced in a chair.




And on the counter.





The end of the night:



It was just an amazing, epic night and I am so, so, SO thankful to our great friends for celebrating all of my hard work with me! I could not have asked for a better party with better people!

More to come on the kiddos....they are good and happy and healthy though! ;)


No comments: